Vacuum heat treatment is called high-efficiency, energy-saving, and pollution-free clean heat treatment by contemporary heat treatment circles. Vacuum heat treatment parts have a series of advantages such as no oxidation, no decarburization, no degassing, no degreasing, good surface quality, small deformation, high general mechanical properties, and good reliability (good repeatability, stable life). Therefore, vacuum heat treatment has received extensive attention and application at home and abroad. And take the popularity of vacuum heat treatment as an important indicator to measure the level of heat treatment skills in a country. Vacuum heat treatment skills have been a hot spot in the development of heat treatment skills in the past four decades, and are also an important category of advanced production skills. Here are a few precautions when using a vacuum pump for heat treatment:
1. When using a vacuum pump to process titanium alloys, nitrogen should not be used as a cooling gas, because titanium and nitrogen will react to produce gold titanium nitride at high temperatures.
2. The maintenance of the vacuum furnace should be in a vacuum or pure nitrogen state to avoid inhaling moisture when not in use.
3. In the process of heating the workpiece by the vacuum pump, the data in the furnace will deflate, reducing the vacuum degree.
4. Cooling gas: Nitrogen with a purity of 99.995% is generally used for steel, nitrogen or argon with a purity of 99.999% for high-temperature alloys, and argon with a purity of 99.995% for titanium alloys
5. After the vacuum pump enters the workpiece, it is pre-pumped to 6.67 Pa before normal preheating.