The vacuum pump must be maintained by a properly trained technician who is familiar with the vacuum pump oil and the products of the system. Before maintenance, the vacuum pump must be stopped to a safe temperature, and the connection between the pump and other components and the circuit must be disconnected to avoid accidents. After maintenance, recheck the rotation direction of the vacuum pump before connecting the power supply. O-rings and washers shall not be reused if damaged.
During operation, the vacuum pump and oil will be polluted by chemicals. Therefore, it is necessary to confirm whether the vacuum pump is cleaned, and take sufficient measures to prevent the harm of these harmful substances to personnel. After maintenance, it is necessary to check whether there is leakage, if any, it should be resealed. Do not contact or inhale the products of thermal degradation produced by high temperature (260 ℃), which are very dangerous, including oil, grease and vacuum grease.
Check the oil level of the front vacuum pump:
If necessary, check the oil level when the vacuum pump is running, but if you want to add oil inside, disconnect the front vacuum pump and related components from the power supply.
1. Check whether the oil level is above the Z * low limit and below the Z * high limit through the visual window of the front vacuum pump.
2. If the oil level is at the low limit of Z * or lower than the low limit of Z *, open the oil filling hole and add oil to the high limit of Z *. If the oil level is too full, it can be discharged from the outlet.
3. If the oil pollution is serious, drain the contaminated oil and add clean oil after cleaning the vacuum pump.
Replace the vacuum pump oil:
1. Turn on the vacuum pump for 10 minutes to heat the vacuum pump oil, and then turn off the vacuum pump (the viscosity of the oil can be reduced after heating, and it is easy to pour out).
2. Disconnect the vacuum pump from the circuit and vacuum system.
3. Remove the plug of the oil filling hole.
4. Place the vacuum pump on a suitable support (such as a stool) to facilitate the inclination of the vacuum pump, and place a suitable container at the oil discharge port. Remove the plug of the oil drain port and let the oil flow into the container under the action of gravity.
5. When the oil is polluted:
5.1 remove the plug of the oil filling hole and pour in clean oil.
5.2 reconnect the vacuum pump and the circuit, and turn on the vacuum pump for 5-10 minutes.
5.3 disconnect the vacuum pump and the circuit, remove the plug of the oil drain port, and let the oil flow out.
5.4 repeat the above steps until the vacuum pump is cleaned.
6. Plug the drain plug, remove the support, and reconnect the vacuum pump with the circuit and vacuum system.
7. Install new oil until the oil level is near the max position.
8. Wait for a few minutes until the oil is pumped into the vacuum pump. If necessary, add oil (turn off the vacuum pump again). Plug the filler hole.
Check and clean the inlet filter of the pre vacuum pump
1. Unscrew the inlet adapter and remove the “O” ring, circlip and inlet filter.
2. Clean the inlet filter with proper solution and dry the inlet filter in the shade.
3. Refit the inlet filter, circlip, ‘o’ ring and inlet adapter.
Clean the carrier gas screen of the front vacuum pump:
1. Remove the fixing washer.
2. Remove the wire mesh and filter element.
3. Clean the wire mesh and filter head element with proper solvent, and install them on the vacuum pump again after being dried in the shade.
4. Fix the fixed washer again.
Clean around the motor fan:
1. Turn off the vacuum pump and disconnect it from the power supply.
2. Use dry cloth or brush to remove pollutants from fan cover and fence of motor.
If the fan cover and surrounding of the motor are not kept clean, the air flow into the motor will be limited and the vacuum pump will overheat