Roots vacuum pumps is a rotary volume vacuum pump. Its structure is evolved from Roots blower. It first appeared in Germany in 1944. It is used as a mechanical booster pump for vacuum smelting system with large pumping speed in the pressure range of 10-1000Pa.
According to the different working pressure range of Roots vacuum pumps, it can be divided into low vacuum Roots pump with direct air discharge, medium vacuum Roots pump (mechanical booster pump) and high vacuum multi-stage Roots pump. The largest domestic consumption is medium vacuum Roots pump (hereinafter referred to as Roots pump).
ZJ Roots Vacuum Pump
Roots vacuum pumps features:
1. There is a large pumping speed in a wide pressure range.
2. The rotor has good geometric symmetry, so it has small vibration and smooth operation. There are clearances between the rotors and between the rotors and the housing. Without lubrication, the friction loss is small, which can greatly reduce the driving power and achieve higher speed.
3. There is no need for oil seal and lubrication in the pump chamber, which can reduce the pollution of oil vapor to the vacuum system.
4. There is no compression and exhaust valve in the pump chamber. Its structure is simple and compact, and it is insensitive to dust and water vapor in the exhausted gas.
5. Compression ratio is low and the effect of hydrogen extraction is poor.
6. The surface of the rotor is a curved cylindrical surface with complex shape, so it is difficult to process and inspect.
Roots vacuum pumps is a kind of rotary variable volume vacuum pump, which can be used only with the cooperation of the front pump. It has a larger pumping speed in a wide pressure range and is insensitive to dust and water vapor in the extracted gas. It is widely used in metallurgy, chemical industry, food industry, electronic coating and other industries.