Many users do not know the operating conditions of the vacuum pump, which often leads to the damage of the vacuum pump, so under what conditions the vacuum pump is most suitable for use? EVP vacuum pump manufacturers listed 7 common problems in vacuum pump applications as follow:
1. The choice of vacuum pump should be based on the user’s specific process, such as the vacuum degree, the size of the pumping rate and the selection of the power supply voltage.
2. The vacuum pump should be cleaned and replaced regularly. Especially for rotary vane vacuum pumps, kerosene or straight-run gasoline should be used for cleaning. After cleaning, all parts should be blown dry or dried with a hair dryer. When changing the oil, choose 100# or 68# clean vacuum pump oil. If you switch to other oils, the vacuum will be seriously affected, and the vacuum pump should be placed in a clean and dry place.
3. The connecting pipe between the vacuum pump and the user system should be short and thick, with minimal bending. If there are elbows, all joints should be tightly sealed to ensure that there is no air leakage.
4. The temperature of the gas sucked by the vacuum pump is also limited. For example, a water ring vacuum pump, if the temperature of the extracted gas is higher than 40, a gas cooling device should be added. If there are water droplets, a condensing device and a dehumidifying device should be added. If the pumped gas is corrosive or reacts with oil, a vacuum pump made of corrosion-resistant materials should be selected. Such as stainless steel, duplex steel, super duplex steel, titanium alloy, titanium material type etc liquid ring vacuum pump.
5. Before starting the pump, check whether the rotation direction of the motor is correct. The inspection methods for rotary vane vacuum pumps and water ring vacuum pumps are different; checking whether the lubrication system is reliable and whether the amount of oil is appropriate or not.
6. During the operation of the vacuum pump, the oil temperature should not exceed 75C, and there should be no too much noise and vibration, otherwise the maintenance should be stopped.
7. When the pump is stopped, closing the valve connecting the pump and the vacuum system, opening the differential pressure valve to prevent the rotary vane pump oil from being sucked back into the vacuum system, and then cut off the motor power.
In summary, the service life of the vacuum pump is not only related to the quality of the vacuum pump itself, but also requires users to strictly follow the manual of the EVP vacuum pump manufacturer. If it is not clear, do not disassemble or operate the pump without permission.