In recent years, with the sustained and high-speed development of China’s economy, the vacuum pump application industry has maintained a rapid growth momentum, and has been widely used in various fields. For example, pharmaceutical preparations, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, chemical industry, electronic industry, scientific research projects are all useful.
Any kind of thing that has been used for a long time will produce wear and tear. At this time, it needs a professional maintenance team to repair or replace it in time. If something is damaged and doesn’t need to be repaired and maintained, it can’t be reused, so as to avoid the high cost of replacing products caused by excessive wear and tear. So today I will introduce some professional knowledge about the maintenance skills of vacuum pump.
The vacuum pump needs to be cleaned and maintained regularly, which can effectively extend its service life and reduce the failure rate. But this is a time when few people can control it properly. Let’s share today about the correct maintenance interval of vacuum pump.
（1） Regular inspection of vacuum pump:
1. Daily inspection:
a) Oil level inspection: too much oil, temperature rise, too little oil, resulting in poor lubrication.
b) Temperature inspection: check the temperature of each part of the pump with a thermometer.
c) Motor load inspection: use power meter or current and voltage meter to measure motor load.
2. Monthly inspection of vacuum pump:
Whether the coupling and gasket are damaged and loose.
3. Check the vacuum pump every 3 months:
Whether the lubricating oil in the gearbox deteriorates.
4. Check the vacuum pump every 6 months:
a) Whether the lubricating oil in the front cover bearing box is deteriorated.
b) Check whether the piston ring and piston ring bush are worn.
c) Whether the wear of the gear has an impact on the normal operation of the rotor and whether it needs to be adjusted.
（2） Disassembly and assembly of vacuum pump:
When disassembling and reassembling the vacuum pump, the following precautions shall be taken:
1. Before the roots vacuum pump is disassembled, measure and record the clearance of each part of the rotor.
2. Try to avoid striking with a heavy hammer. The removed parts shall not be damaged and shall be kept properly.
3. Record in detail the replacement reason and usage of the parts to be replaced.
4. Before reassembling the vacuum pump, all parts shall be cleaned and deburred.
5. “106” silicone rubber coating is used for static sealing surface without gasket or sealing ring. Apply vacuum cork grease to the rubber seal with clean seal. The sealing ring and plane on the overflow valve of vacuum pump with overflow valve shall not be coated with any grease.
6. Adjust the clearance of each part of the rotor according to the clearance list.
7. Leak detection shall be carried out after all are installed.
8. After reassembly, trial operation and necessary performance test shall be carried out, and installation and use can only be carried out after normal operation.