The use of vacuum pump in school laboratory is more and more common. Most laboratory equipment will be equipped with vacuum pump. Because vacuum pump is not a single equipment, it can be used with other instruments. Such as vacuum filtration, microbial detection, waste liquid extraction, rotary evaporator, vacuum drying box, freeze dryer and other equipment. Vacuum pump is the auxiliary equipment of every laboratory. Different instruments and equipment have different requirements for vacuum pump. See the types of vacuum pumps commonly used in the laboratory below.
1、 Laboratory vacuum pump can be divided into dry type and non dry type.
1. Dry vacuum pump: the dry vacuum pump is also known as oil-free vacuum pump, which is characterized by relying on the components of the machine itself to reach the required vacuum, pollution-free and free of self-care. The Zui used in the laboratory are mostly oil-free piston type (mostly used in microbiological laboratory) and corrosion-resistant barrier type (mostly used in chemical laboratory).
2. Non dry vacuum pump: non dry vacuum pump, which can be generally divided into oil vacuum pump and water circulation vacuum pump. The common point of non dry vacuum pump is that it needs to use other substances (such as water and oil) to reach the ideal vacuum degree. In the laboratory, Zui is mostly used as oil rotary vane pump, which is commonly used in combination with freeze-drying machine, vacuum drying box, etc.
laboratory vacuum pump selection:
How to choose the vacuum pump in the laboratory? First of all, we should understand the use of the vacuum pump and whether the extracted gas is corrosive. Ordinary filter sample, can choose oil-free vacuum pump. For reagent purification, corrosion-resistant vacuum pump should be selected; secondly, consideration should be given to the configuration of vacuum pump in other instruments and equipment. If it is used for the configuration of rotary evaporators, it is necessary to use corrosion-resistant vacuum pumps. The volatile gases of rotary evaporators are corrosive to a certain extent. If it is used for dry boxes, it is possible to select vacuum pumps with high vacuum analogy, such as the oil pumps in non dry vacuum pumps
laboratory vacuum pump installation method :
1. The vacuum pump should be installed in a solid and solid place in the air, and there should be plenty of room around for inspection, maintenance and self-care.
2. The foundation degree shall be adhered to under the vacuum pump base. The four corners of the base shall be padded with damping rubber or made of bolt to ensure the smooth operation and small vibration of the vacuum pump.
3. The connecting pipe between the vacuum pump and the system shall be sealed firmly. For small vacuum pump, the metal pipe connecting gasket can be used. For small vacuum pump, the oil-resistant rubber can be used. For small vacuum pump, the vacuum rubber pipe can be used to connect. The pipe diameter shall not be less than the suction diameter of the vacuum pump, and the pipeline shall be short with few elbows. (the welding slag in the pipeline shall be removed during the welding and road closing, and it is forbidden to enter the vacuum pump cavity. )
4. In the connecting pipeline, the user can install a valve and a vacuum gauge above the air inlet of the vacuum pump to check the limit pressure of the vacuum pump at any time.
5. Connect the power supply according to the rules of the motor label, and connect the grounding wire with the fuse and thermal relay of the appropriate specification of the device.
6. When the vacuum pump is electrified for test run, the motor belt must be removed and the pump can be put into use only after confirming that the direction of rotation of the vacuum pump conforms to the regular direction, so as to prevent the reverse injection of the vacuum pump. (steering direction indicated by the protective cover)
7. For the vacuum pump with cooling water, connect the cooling water according to the rules.
8. For example, when the solenoid valve is installed at the vacuum pump port, the valve and the vacuum pump shall act simultaneously.
9. When the exhaust gas of the vacuum pump affects the working environment, a receiving channel can be installed at the exhaust port to lead it away or an oil mist filter can be installed.
laboratory vacuum pump selection and installation